cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 Time Zone is not same as the server settings

Luca_Sari
Level 2

When I installed Backup Exec 15 the locale settings were wrong (UTC -8, Pacific Time). i noticed it because the scheduled job were running in weird moments, even tho the server time was set correctly to Singapore time.

after noticing the mistake, i tried all the solutions i found online. (change the settings, restart the serverices, uninstalled Backup Exec, reinstalled it) without success. 

the server now has everything set on Singapore Time, with the location in Singapore. but after reinstalling Backup Exec, under the "Local Server Properties" i still see (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time, and all the scheduled tasks are running at the US time instead of Singapore time.

how can I solve this problem? how can I force Backup Exec to Singapore time instead of Pacific Time?

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to install FP1 and see if it helps. If it doesn't, pls log a formal support case.

Link to download FP1 - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH228725.html

Luca_Sari
Level 2

I did install the FP1 and did not help. I will log a formal support case. 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As far as I am aware we get the timezone from the Operating System, as there are no specific timezone settings in Backup Exec.

Does the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) have full permissions (Domain/local admin) and are there any group policies that might restrict registry access etc?