Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15- VSS Snapshot Error

mark25
Level 4

Hi All

Encounter this problem,

once the backup from incremental run this will be the result.

I also checked  that the source disk and all disks hosting Shadow Copy Storage Locations are accessible, and are showing as healthy in Disk Manager on the server being backed up.

also run the  vssadmin list writers  and vssadmin list shadows  and the result is stable and no error.

can anyone help me to fix this.

other details

Windows server 2008 std 64bit

Ms Sql Server 2012 64bit

Backup
- Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "QUOTATIONS.ORIX.LOCAL\MSSQLSERVER". Snapshot tec... V-79-10000-11219 - VSS Snapshot error. The volume or snapped volume may not be available or may not ...

job ended: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 6:16:32 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x80042308 - 0x80042308 (2147754760)
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-32772-8968

Database msdb is in simple recovery mode. Excluding it from Log backup job.
Running a full backup of database 'QUOTAS' on SQL Server 'SERVER NAME' because either a full backup does not exist or the last full backup was not run by Backup Exec.
Running a full backup on database 'master' on SQL Server 'SERVER NAME' because only full backups are supported on this system database.
Running a full backup on database 'model' on SQL Server 'SERVER NAME' because block level backups are not supported on system databases.
Running a full backup on database 'msdb' on SQL Server 'SERVER NAME' because block level backups are not supported on system databases.
Backup Exec server is running Backup Exec version 14.1.1786.1103 with SP-2,HF-227745.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If you're running AOFO, turn it off and see if this fixes it. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
If you're running AOFO, turn it off and see if this fixes it. Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should exclude your simple recovery mode databases from your job. See the second set of error messages.

You would need to create a separate job for these databases

mark25
Level 4

And I am wondering why i received these error messages before and after of 6am and 6pm

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your errors have nothing to do with the timings.  You can run your jobs at any other time and you would get the same error messages.

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6

it seems a virtual sql server. So how much sql instances are created in SQL. How muc db's are held by this server? on how much disks?

I resolved similar issues, to split all the instances to seperate disks. Because the reason of the failure in my case was that the time to freeze all the db's befaore a snapshot was to short. splitting them to separate disks, enables the snapshot freeze time to handle all the db's