cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup Exec 15 and Hyper-V Red Hat Linux

Zeeman28a
Level 3

Hello.

We have a Red Hat Enterprise Linux server as a Hyper-V VM on one of our Windows Servers. I have the RALUS Backup Exec agent on the Linux server and I am able to backup the server using the agent. However, I would like to backup the hyper-v image of the Linux server and am running into an issue.

This is the report from Backup Exec

Job ended: Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:01:11 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa0009679 - A failure occurred querying the Writer status for a Hyper-V virtual machine. See the job log for details about the error.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-40960-38521

Backup- WSHY2.domain.com
V-79-40960-38521 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure
on: "VRTSRV::\\WSHY2.domain.com\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\RHEL1". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

A virtual machine snapshot could not be created. Use the Event Viewer on the Hyper-V host to identify the cause. If the virtual machine is not properly configured, it may be necessary to use the Event Viewer in the virtual machine to identify the cause.

This is the report from the Event Viewer on the BE15 server.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Backup Exec
Date:          1/18/2019 4:01:12 AM
Event ID:      34113
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      TGZBKS1.terangagold.com
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "TGZBKS1") (Job: "TGZPRO2 VM Full Backup") TGZPRO2 VM Full Backup -- The job failed with the following error: A failure occurred querying the Writer status for a Hyper-V virtual machine. See the job log for details about the error.

For more information, click the following link:
http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=BE&module=eng-event&error=V-379-34113&build=retail&version=1...
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Backup Exec" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="8192">34113</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-01-18T09:01:12.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>96973</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TGZBKS1.terangagold.com</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "TGZBKS1") (Job: "TGZPRO2 VM Full Backup") TGZPRO2 VM Full Backup -- The job failed with the following error: A failure occurred querying the Writer status for a Hyper-V virtual machine. See the job log for details about the error.
</Data>
    <Data>&amp;version=14.2.1180.3160&amp;language=EN&amp;os=Windows_V-6.2.9200_SP-0.0_PL-0x2_SU-0x110_PT-0x3</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

I have tried with "Use GRT Technology" and "Snapshot" enabled.and disabled and it fails almost right away. Even when disabled, under monitor as the job begins, it does say Active: Snapshot Processing. So I'm wondering if there are other settings I am missing to backup the VM. Thanks. Z.

0 REPLIES 0