cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 can not dectect HPE 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader athough installed driver for Autoloader

HuyenThu
Level 2
We have one server for backup system with OS : Windows Server 2019 version 1809. Backup server is installed Backup Exec 15 and connected to HPE 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader for duplicate important data in to real tape. Autoloader is connected to san switch by optical cable and backup server is connected to san switch by optical cable too. Then we create zone to map Autoloader with backup server in san switch. In last time, when the Autoloader was broken hardware, we need to carry out it for fixing. After fixing, we connect Autoloader to backup sever again. However, while fixing, I got a mistake when delete Tape Autoloader in tab Storage of Backup Exec 15. Although, I reinstall driver for Autoloader,tape and in tab Device Manager of backup server successfully and reset backup server and Backup Exec 15, Backup Exec 15 can not detect Autoloader from Storage tab. => How to Backup Exec 15 can detect Autoloader again after deleting in Storage tab????
4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Windows Server 2019 is not supported by BE 15.  You need to upgrade to the latest version of BE which is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.  See SCL below

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/BE_15_SCL

I can not upgrade to the latest version of BE because maintenance contract is expried.

There is any solution for this problem except upgrade version of BE?

@pkh wrote:

Windows Server 2019 is not supported by BE 15.  You need to upgrade to the latest version of BE which is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.  See SCL below

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/BE_15_SCL

After check contract with Veritas, we buy BE in term of capacity of data (TB).

With this kind of contract, could we upgrade version of BE ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No