cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 - claim space

Il_Ventu
Level 3

Hello, I'm running out of space on NAS, I have changed the data retention in all jobs cutting the time.

Now I have backups that I could delete to gain space... but how ?

Editing data retention is enough or I have to clean manually ?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You can multi-select backup sets that are old enough and then righ click to expire them (but be aware if may find links/dependecies to newer sets if you use incremental and differential jobs)

Also be very careful to only expire what ypu are sure you no longer need.

Also if usng Deduplication, expiring sets may not get much visible space back in the volume (although will free up space within Deduplication itself) there are command line operations you can run against deduplication (after you have expired sets with deduplication) that will recover disk space on the volume

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You can multi-select backup sets that are old enough and then righ click to expire them (but be aware if may find links/dependecies to newer sets if you use incremental and differential jobs)

Also be very careful to only expire what ypu are sure you no longer need.

Also if usng Deduplication, expiring sets may not get much visible space back in the volume (although will free up space within Deduplication itself) there are command line operations you can run against deduplication (after you have expired sets with deduplication) that will recover disk space on the volume

Many thanks !