cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 migration failure

William_Lawance
Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to migrate BE2012 server to BE15.

• I used installation disc to run installation and failed while installing SQL. (Please refer to attached files)
  • How to roll back to BE 2012 ?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH216807

William_Lawance
Level 6

Is this issue happen is a MUST while upgrade to BE15 from BE 2012 / 2010 ?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You encountered the problem, didn't you?

William_Lawance
Level 6

yes... encountered while upgrading from BE2012

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This was a known issue encountered during an upgrade to BE 2014. However, if using BE 2014 SP1 or higher (such as BE 15 in your case), ideally, this issue should not have occured during the upgrade.

Secondly, if the upgrade fails, BE should automatically roll back to the older version. If the rollback hasn't happened and if you are unable to follow the KB article mentioned above successfully, pls log a formal support case.

William_Lawance
Level 6
  • I am using BE15 FP1 installation disc to do this migraiton. So why this issue still occured ?
  • How to verify it's rolled back or not ?

Thanks

VJware
Level 6
  • I am using BE15 FP1 installation disc to do this migraiton. So why this issue still occured ?

It occured due to the same reason as mentioned in the KB article. As to why it occured even with BE 15, logging a formal support case will help to answer this query.

• How to verify it's rolled back or not ?

Start all BE services and check if you are able to access the BE console or not. If yes, check if it lists BE 2012 as the version or not.

William_Lawance
Level 6

For roll back, actually i afraid anything corrupted like SQL DB while installation failure.

How to verify it ?

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

Just restart the BE services. Hope you made a copy of the Data & Catalog folders prior to attempting the upgrade.