cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 will not start

Robert_Willson
Level 2

After reboot of Windows 2012 server, starting the backup exec 15 manager resulted in this error:

The BackupExec Management Service was unable to start

The BackupExec database was offline.  Please bring the database online and restart the BackupExec services.

Data Source: BEDB

Connection open and login was successful, but then an error occurred while enabling MARS for this connection. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 15 - Function not supported)

I tried restarting all backupexec services, and the SQL server.  The SQL Server Agent (BKUPEXEC) will not start, giving the error:

Windows could not start the SQL Server Agent (BKUPEXEC) service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See whether the solutions in this discussion helps.

Check for event ID 

Sorry, I didn't see a discussion.  Can you send me the link?

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what is your version of .NET framework? if it was upgraded to 4.6.1, try to unistall it and revert to .NET Framework 4.5.2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As the available information regarding which Backup Exec environments were affected by recent Microsoft patches we have had to revise this document a lot, however the latest information we have on issue relating of not being able to login to the BE console is all in:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000116721

Suggest you carefully review this document as it has different answers for different affected environments