cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15

atlantis_bob
Not applicable

Trying to download Trial version of BE 15. 2 options: - Backup Exec 15 (All editions)                        1.59 Gb

- Backup Exec 15 14.2 FP1 MultiPlatforms     1.8 Gb

Multilingual

What is what ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

FP1 is Feature Pack 1 for BE 15.  You should download the one with FP1 and use that that.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

FP1 is Feature Pack 1 for BE 15.  You should download the one with FP1 and use that that.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The first file is the base installer.

The second file is the base installer along with an update (i.e. slipstreamed). As suggested above, choose the second file since the installer has already an update incorporated with it.

If you choose the first file, then you'll have to manually download and apply FP1.

pingalls
Level 3

Live update keeps failing for Backup Exec 2015 FP1. Is their a place to download and install manualy?

VJware
Level 6

Link to FP1 - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH228725.html

pingalls
Level 3

Thank you for the link. I downloaded   - Backup Exec 15 14.2 FP1 MultiPlatforms     1.8 Gb

I just wanted to be sure I was clear on my issue. I am currently running Backup Exec 15 14.2. I tried to use live update for the FP1 update. The update failed and I am going to try it manualy. Is this full version download the one i need just to get FP1 and will I need to add the licenses back in once it is done?

Colin_Weaver

There are 3 ways to get FP1

1) Complete installer with FP1 already applied (from trailware or file connect) - this is used to install a brand new server or to upgrade from BE 2014, 2012 or 2010 R3, BUT is not for 2015 original release to FP1

2) LiveUpdate - only used where BE 15 original release is already installed

3) from the technote posted by VJware - only used where BE 15 original release is already installed and either because of no direct internet access or because of a failure LiveUpdate installs.

With regards your issue, in some instances liveupdate will fail if your server is resource challenged and the Backup Exec services do not stop quickly enough - fix for the can be get liveupdate started and before you actually click to start the download and install, stop the Backup Exec services manually first.

There is however a second reason why LiveUpdate fails - sometimes the original install media needs to be available for the patches to succeed. Unfortunately the live update mechanism cannot pop-up the dialog box asking you to confirm where the install media is so you get a failure. The manual download (option 3) should correct this (and might even correct it without needing the dialog pop-up, if the install files are available in the original path.

Finally in a CASO environment you may have to disable communication to the managed media server(s) before liveupdate will let you update the CAS server (which you also need to do before upgrading managed servers)

Vmax8
Level 3

Having problems to install the LiveUpdate patch too. When going to VJware's link for the offline installer, I can't find any link to download the installer file on this page. Please help.