cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15

Bash
Level 4

I have backup(DATA and CATALOG Folder) of my Backup Exec 15(with FP3) Old Server which is installed on windows server 2012 R2.And i also have .bkf file from SDR backup of one of the Server. Now i have installed Backup Exec 15(withFP3) on another machine(Workstation) with windows server 2012 r2 and the machine is in workgroup, and was able to restore DB and Catalogs And I configured local D-Drive as Disk Storage , then i pasted the .bkf files which i copied from previous backup exec 15 server inside BEData folder and run inventory and catalogs which is running fine and successful. And then i inserted Custom SDR CD of one of the test machine and then try to recovery it then it establishes the connection with New Server but it does not show any point in time Backup-Set. Looking for suggestion and resolution urgently.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check and make sure you've selected the correct date range. Backup Exec (over many, many versions!) like to select a random date range meaning that it appears as if no backup sets are available.

Thanks!

Bash
Level 4

Dear CraigV

What date range you are talking about Mr.CraigV. If you are suggesting me regarding the .bkf files i have selected all the files which were backed up on that particular date.The problem is when i try to restore it. After inserting the custom SDR Disc , i am unable to find the point in time Backup-Set.

And FYI, i have installed same version of backup exec and on windows server 2012 R2.

Thank You

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Not too sure with SDR, but when running a normal restore for Backup Exec, it will have a date range from which to perform the restore. Check and see if the same is true of the SDR component.

Thanks!