cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 16 Exchange GRT backup error with deduplication

Ahmed_Shebl1
Level 1

After windows in place upgrade from windows server 2012 R2 to 2016, and BE services started normally and all job are running successfully, except Exchange and VMware GRT backup failed with the following error.

I changed storage from deduplication disk to tape drive and job success .

FP 2 and latest HF 128051 are installed .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Probably time to log a formal support case as performing an in-place upgrade of the OS may have broken how the 'PDVFS' share works. And this 'virtual' share which is a function of Deduplication must work for any GRT based backups and restores involving deduplication.

It may be something as simple as security settings  that are usually  setup during deduplication install and initial configuration been overwritten by operating system defaults.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Probably time to log a formal support case as performing an in-place upgrade of the OS may have broken how the 'PDVFS' share works. And this 'virtual' share which is a function of Deduplication must work for any GRT based backups and restores involving deduplication.

It may be something as simple as security settings  that are usually  setup during deduplication install and initial configuration been overwritten by operating system defaults.

Escape_be
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Colin,

Sorry for late reply; only got to this problem last week after inplace upgrading Windows Server 2012 R2 to 2016 on the Backup exec server. My symptoms are exactly the same. Is a repair install of BUE 2016 an option? Any procedure to accomplish this? are my current back-up sets still accessible afterwards?

Strange enough, 1 backup job, to the same dedupe folder is still succesful every time!?

thanks for your feedback

Ben