cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 16 SDR problem

TimToles
Level 2

Hello,

I have recently installed BE16 and configured backup jobs.  The backups are working well.  I am backing up to a NAS device.

I tried testing SDR by creating bootable media, booting from that media and selecting full system restore.  When prompted for the backup location, I tried to specify the NAS both by name and IP address, but it returns "Network name not found".  I tried browsing the network, found the NAS device and selected it, but it still return the "Network name not found" error.  The server has not gone live yet, but I would like to get this resolved before it does, as I will have very limited windows for testing afterwards.

Many thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The connect to network server option inside SDR assumes you are connecting to a Backup Exec server across the network (not a NAS)

Where you want to recover a server and the Backup Exec server is NOT available (so part of the disaster) you need copies of the .DR files and either locally attached devices (disk  or tape) or a network attached disk (NAS) . For the NAS / CIFS share option though you also need the method. Some notes on a method are given in the solution of:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000115832?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The connect to network server option inside SDR assumes you are connecting to a Backup Exec server across the network (not a NAS)

Where you want to recover a server and the Backup Exec server is NOT available (so part of the disaster) you need copies of the .DR files and either locally attached devices (disk  or tape) or a network attached disk (NAS) . For the NAS / CIFS share option though you also need the method. Some notes on a method are given in the solution of:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000115832?

Thanks for that Colin.  Had another run at it this morning, and was able to map a drive to the NAS.