cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup Exec 16 - Temporary VMware folders are not cleaned from the Backup Exec data directory

VALEXEC15
Level 3

HI All,

So we started with Backup Exec 14 few years back and I've updated to BE 16 last week with latest patch due to following issue when Symantec could not resolve it.

Issue:

When backup up VM's, there are lot of Temporary folders been created in folder C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data. (Folders name include VM's name and date ), and number of folders been created keep growing everyday.

Troubleshoot done:

I've logged a call with Symantec and for a week they did troubleshooting and today an Advanced tech called me and advised that this is a known issue and only work-around is to delete these folders manually ?

Now I have had the same above issue while we were on BE 15, with all the patches installed, hence why I quickly upgraded to BE 16 to see if that resolve the issue. Symantec advance support tech directed me to this article ( https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000023219 ) which is according to the article was an issue on BE 2014. So I don't believe that Backup Exec 16 will have this now, will it ?

And I can't accept an answer been deleting these folder manually every day as a solution.

Does anyone experienced this kind of issue ?

Cheers

----- BACKUP EXEC 16 USER -------
3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BTW Symantec no longer sells BE and you are on a Veritas forum

Yes I know, backup exec 16 is Veritas now, not Symantec , and veritas has a section for Backup Exec anyway am I right ?
----- BACKUP EXEC 16 USER -------

You are correct, installing BE16 should have resolved this issue. If you are seeing this, then you should open a support ticket along with the technote so that it can be fixed.