cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 16 and HPE StoreOnce 3540

akarelin
Level 4

Hi there

We have Backup Exec 16 on Windows 2012R2 and new HPE StoreOnce 3540 with only 4x1Gb ports.

As I saw in HCL We have three choices: Fiber channel, CIFS, Ethernet. So We cant use a virtual library with iSCSI. Am I right?

What better way to connect these devices?

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
No, it has to be FC-enabled as per the details below (sorry for the long URL): https://download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/SFDC/116000/000115688/en_US/be_16_hcl.html?__gda... Thanks!

We cant use FC because We have only 4x1Gb ports RJ-45.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How do you intend to use the device? As a VTL, OST appliance or disk storage?  You got to check the relevent sections of the HCL for the connectivity options.

biker_dude2
Level 2

We are in the process of adding the HPE StoreOnce 3540 Backup System on the Backup Exec 16 Hardware Compatibility List in the following section: SAN Infrastructure components | iSCSI Solutions

You may confgure the unit with BE 16 because we have no reason to believe it will not work. It will soon appear on the HCL and we thank you for your patience.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Does iSCSI applies if he is using the device as a VTL, as he seems to imply in the initial post?

biker_dude2

Ok! We will try.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...are you a Veritas employee?

Hello CraigV!

Yes, I am a Veritas Employee. It seems in the switch from Symatec to Veritas my signature did not get the "Veritas Employee" moniker. I hope to have this resolved soon.