cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 16

jtomi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Backup Exec 16 seems to be available to download. But I cannot find any documents related to BE16 release? I would mostly be interested about SCL, the SCL link in Backup Exec 16 admin guide forwards to BE15 online article?

10 REPLIES 10

DarthBilly
Level 5
Employee

Hmm, its not GA yet.... I guess someone started early. You should see more items in several days.

jtomi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks. Several days as in week, two or more?

I have customer who is really pushing for Windows Server 2016

DarthBilly
Level 5
Employee

Ok, Windows 2016 Core will support the Agent for Windows. It should have the same caveats as BE 15.

We did not introduce any Nano support, unfortunatly, in BE 16 yet.

BarnabyWood
Level 2
Employee

Backup Exec 16 is available to existing customers with current maintenance contracts. The software was available to support Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V 2016 and Microsoft Azure on day one of Microsoft 2016 release cycle. Backup Exec will be generally available (GA) to everyone on 7th November.

Thanks Barnaby, wasn't sure how much was public :)

jtomi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi 

Thank you for the update.

Just a silly question, why Server 2016 is not mentioned in Backup Exec 16 SCL document? I can only find SQL Server 2016 and Exchange 2016. 

DarthBilly
Level 5
Employee

Not sure, but it is mentioned on the Backup Exec product page:

https://www.veritas.com/product/backup-and-recovery/backup-exec

Andy_Spencer
Level 2
Employee

GA release on Monday 7th November was a success ... see backupexec.com/compatibility for HCL and SCL.

cheers,

Andy

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Windows Server 2016  is listed in the BE 16 SCL (both under Backup Exec Server and Windows agent sections)

Dropped support for IBM Domino and Windows 2003

Maybe time to drop  Backup Exec for another product

:(