Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 20.1 Bronze Edition: how VMware and Hyper-v agent is handled

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

I received a question from a customer asking if the "unlimited number of Agent for Windows or Agent for Linux can be deployed on the hyper-visor host licensed with the VMware and Hyper-v agent" in a la carte licensing also applies to the VMware and Hyper-v agent included in the Backup Exec 20.1 Bronze Edition (or Silver/Gold Edition). Is it the same? I'd like to get clarification on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. I also found out that "unlimited Agent for Windows" can be deployed (physical or virtual) but you cannot deploy "unlimited Agent for Linux" because Bronze edition doesn't support Agent for Linux in the first place. Just to let you and others know about this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Bronze Edition is a bundle - that includes specific features with Silver and Gold Editions being more advanced bundles with more functionality. You do not add a-la-carte agents and options to these editions - If you want to go a-la-carte you have to go a-la-carte with the core product as well.

Bronze Edition already is already enabled (licensed) for VMware and Hyper-V functionality (as per)

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/59226269-99535599-0/v127664457-99535599

and it is unlimited hosts as it works the same way Capacity licensing works

Also note for Vmware we do not support backing up the operating system of the host itself

Thanks. I also found out that "unlimited Agent for Windows" can be deployed (physical or virtual) but you cannot deploy "unlimited Agent for Linux" because Bronze edition doesn't support Agent for Linux in the first place. Just to let you and others know about this.