cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 20.5 Technical Preview program registrations are now open

smusale
Level 4
Employee

We are currently recruiting customers who are interested in participating in upcoming Backup Exec 20.5 Technical Preview program.

The Technical Preview Program for the upcoming release of Backup Exec contains some new features which continue to position our product as the leader in Backup and Recovery solutions for mid-market organizations. These include:

• Unified reports with SaaS Backup (Backup Exec and Veritas SaaS Backup integration)
  • AWS Glacier and Deep Archive support

Please visit the below link and register in this program.

Join this Technical Preview Program

We are opening registration early to allow enough time to process applications before the Technical Preview build is available for download. So, if you are Veritas partner/reseller, please have your clients sign up early. All applications will be screened for US legal compliance a week or two prior to Technical Preview program start date, which is currently expected to be sometime in first half of June 2019.

If you have any queries, please contact us at bnrbeta@veritas.com.

To join Veritas Customer and Partner Engagement Program, please visit http://cpep.veritas.com/.

We look forward to your interest and participation.

Best regards,

Backup Exec Team

Forward-looking Statements

Any information regarding pre-release Veritas offerings, future updates or other planned modifications is subject to ongoing evaluation by Veritas and therefore subject to change. This information is provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Customers who purchase Veritas offerings should make their purchase decision based upon features that are currently available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@kf2013 

I received an email this morning to say that BE20.5 is now available. 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

JuergenB
   VIP   

Will the BE 20.5 support SharePoint 2019 with GRT Restore ?

BackupMikko
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi @JuergenB ,

SharePoint 2016 Granular Restore Technology support was just released in Backup Exec 20.4 and we are currently reviewing SharePoint 2019 support with Granular Restore Technology but at this point of the development cycle I cannot yet comment on release plans.

We will make sure to keep you updated as soon as more information is available.

Best,

@BackupMikko 

JuergenB
   VIP   

OK,

so let´s hope that Veritas will get SharePoint 2016 GRT and SharePoint 2019 running with BE 20.5
With BE 20.4 i have more problems than with BE 20.3 ...

I disable GRT now

frio
Level 3

Hi

Any updates concerning RHEL 8 and (soon-to-be-released) Debian 10?
Also any news on the inclusion of proper systemd integration instead of using the SysV init compatibility of systemd?

JuergenB
   VIP   

Hi,

i am still waiting for the offered features in BE 20.4 to work as described.

Can we get a description,
what of these feature are functional and what are only placeholders for a version to come?

Maybe you could update the Documentation to the current product BE 20.4
Some Tech Document sare reffering to BE 2014 (Last Published: 2019-05-06).

Or will they work in BE 20.5 ...

Hello,

Any idea when the 20.5 download will become available?

BackupMikko

Hi @NEDC 

we do not publish release date information prior to General Availability.

Historically we have had releases 3-4 times in a calendar year since Backup Exec 15 that debuted in April 2015.

--@BackupMikko

Thanks for the reply, I should have clarified my question better.  I have signed up for the technical preview but I don't see a download available to test.  Does my registration take a certain amount of time to process and make the preview available or has the preview period closed?  I did not see any mention of either.

Thank you.

Marianne

@NEDC 

Have you tried to contact bnrbeta@veritas.com. ?

You should've received an email with a 'vxbeta' URL where software can be downloaded from. 

Marianne

@smusale , @BackupMikko 

Could you please update this post with expected Beta date for 20.5?

I have just checked the vxbeta site - it only lists version 20.4!

beta.JPG

Hi Marianne,

Be 20.5 technical program happened from June 24th to July 15th  and is closed now.

However we shall be starting BE 20.6 Beta program in October and soon will be starting the recruitment.

Since the beta has been closed for over a month now for 20.5 - WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED? 

Gurvinder

20.1 - 2018-04-02
20.2 - 2018-08-13
20.3 - 2018-10-23
20.4 - 2019-05-06
20.5 - ?

very near. check in a couple of weeks.

kf2013
   VIP   

When will 20.5 be released?

A new Microsoft .Net 4.8 update crashed the Backup Exec console and the patch need to be uninstalled to open Backup Exec

Marianne

@kf2013 

I received an email this morning to say that BE20.5 is now available. 

BackupMikko

Yes - Backup Exec 20.5 is now generally available. Please see the launch blog for further details.

@BackupMikko