cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 20.6 (1188-2728) - MostFreeSpaceFirst not Working

rcunha
Level 4

Hi Guys,
I configure the backup exec 20.6 here to use the most free space disk in a pool that I create.

But a one of the jobs always go to the disk that do not have space, it is very strange, because it work on the version 2016. Anybody have this problem ?

I have 2 disk on that pool, one with 5.61 tb (4.84 tb of free space) and other with 3 tb (542 gb free space). I start the job 3 times and it go to the disk 3 tb, any job are running at this time. Then I pause that disk on a pool, start again the same job, and with the disk 3 tb paused, it go to the disk that have more space 5.61 tb. I was doing a Hyper-V Backup on that job.

I use that command on Backup Exec Management Command Line Interface to set the most free space configuration like I use on version 2016:

Get-BEStorageDevicePool -Name "Storage device pool 0001" | Set-BEStorageDevicePool -SelectionMethod MostFreeSpaceFirst

Get-BEStorageDevicePool -Name "Storage device pool 0001" | Select-Object Name, SelectionMethod

Here the result:

Get-BEStorageDevicePool -Name "Storage device pool 0001" | Select-Object Name, SelectionMethod

Name SelectionMethod
---- ---------------
Storage device pool 0001 MostFreeSpaceFirst

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks, I think is It.
But on 2016 I think it is working, not better.
But on 20.6 I was testing, yesterday the job that I explain go to the most free space disk, I will observe in next days.