cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010, Anyone receive upgrade notification e-mails?

ahall
Level 3

BackupExec 2010 was supposed to be released yesterday I thought, 2/1/2010, but I haven't received the upgrade e-mail. I have a valid maintenance/support agreements for my licences. I just got off the phone with 800.721.3934 and they said Backup Exec 2010 isn't being released yet do to some sort of problem. Anyone else hear about this?

7 REPLIES 7

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
 They may have either misunderstood the question or misunderstood information they got. My understanding is that while upgrade licenses and/or e-mails might not all be going out on the 1st (GA), customers should still be able to call in and request their upgrade licenses as of the 1st. Please DM me with the person you talked to (or if you call in again) and I'll see if I can help sort out any confusion.

Markus2791
Level 4
I was talking to them yesterday, and they told me that I should be receiving an email by the end of the month.

ahall
Level 3
I received the Upgrade ID last night in response to my trouble ticket trying to get the software. This wasn't typical e-mail I got in the past about upgrades, I suggest calling back and pressing them to get the e-mail sent out.

baillard
Level 2
My explicit request emailed to license@symantec.com with the correct format providing all of the customer number, contract number etc just resulted in a reply that I would receive the license keys in the next 25 days instead of a reply with the actual keys!  I'll try again and see if I'm ignored again.

ahall
Level 3
baillard -

I suggest giving phone # 800.721.393 option 2 a call. Be prepared for a confusing conversation about what you need - Upgrade ID!! and of course they aren't located in the US (India?).  I was on the phone for 25 minutes trying to get this point across only to have her say I'll have to wait a couple of days (but then miraculously an e-mail with the upgrade ID came late last night!!). Make sure to get the name of the person you are talking with and I'd suggest DM'ing James McKey (above) for further help.

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
 Thanks Mr. Hall, your advice is spot on. Anyone who doesn't get their upgrade ID the same day should DM me with their case # (usually a six digit date number yymmdd followed by another 6 digits).

I spoke with a customer care coordinator and as of Wednesday morning (US Eastern time) all customers should be able to get their upgrade ID the same day via e-mail. The customer can then take that ID to get their license keys from the licensing portal; instructions should be in the e-mail. However the version upgrade PDF will not be received at the same time but should follow soon. E-mail notifications will still be going out to all customers with current maintenance and I'll update this thread again with more details.

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
Here's the latest official update:

Backup Exec 2010 Upgrade Notifications delayed for customers with maintenance
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/345420.htm

If you need your license sooner than next week and installing in Evaluation mode is not an option for you then contact customer care and let me know via DM if they are unable to retrieve your upgrade ID for you; include you case # in the DM.