Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Assign inventoried media to its mediaset automatically

mars_ltd
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

in Backup Exec 2010 is there a way to assign your inventoried online media to a media-set automatically? I haven't found this option in the administrative manual.

It would be great if BE 2010 could do that, so the only thing the admins must do is change the media every week. The rest (inventory, backups jobs) would be fully automated, no action required.

Thanks you guys!

mars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

in Backup Exec 2010 is there a way to assign your inventoried online media to a media-set automatically? I haven't found this option in the administrative manual.

No there is not

And the reason is that when you move a tape to a media set, that tape takes on all properties of the media at that time.  So if the OPP of the media set is 7 days, you will not be able to write to that for until the 8th day

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

No there is not

And the reason is that when you move a tape to a media set, that tape takes on all properties of the media at that time.  So if the OPP of the media set is 7 days, you will not be able to write to that for until the 8th day

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

This is not possible. I guess what you want is that when you run inventory on new tape it get assigned to the media set you want to ? And again this is something which is not possible with BE

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Isn't that what I just said?