cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 - Backup Selection using wizard (SharePoint)

Rob_King
Level 3
When check the box to select "Microsoft SharePoint Resources" not all of the sub-categories are selected. When I try to manually select these I receive the following error messages:

bu1.JPG

bu2.JPG

The account have full privaledges to both our SharePoint and SQL server and the SharePoint and SQL agents are installed.

I am using a fully functional trial version and can't purchase until it proves to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob

6 REPLIES 6

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Try selecting SharePoint from the Microsoft SharePoint Farms tree instead of from under the server.

selections.jpg

Rob_King
Level 3
Thanks Ben, this gets round my agent issue but I am now having a permissions error.

As you can see, I am trying alot of alot of different accounts. Each time I've tried this the location it's trying to access changes ie. (SQL\[this bit])

The system log on account should have access to all areas of the SQL database, is there anywhere particular I need to give the username access to?

bu4.JPG

Rob_King
Level 3

Strangely it has now worked but not to granular level. I can see all of the folders in restore but no content.

Rob_King
Level 3

Although the backup is failing I can still see content in the restore selection however this is not a site, document library, item level etc.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

I would suggest giving a call over Support so they can run some debugs on the backup.  Looks like there may be an account issue or a configuration issue.

Rob_King
Level 3
Unfortunately as this is a trial version they will offer no pre-sale support, I have tried on multiple occasions. I simply can't purchase until it has proven to work.

Although we seem so close it's looking like I'll have to find another product.

Thanks for your help anyway Ben.