cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 DLO - Unable To Connect To Media Server

RyanJP
Level 3

I was able to recover our Symantec BE after the following issue: migration    BE is working fine now.

If I go to the DLO option from within BE though, I get the following error after clicking it "Unable to connect to media server". I am then presented with a box like:

Server: [name]
Username: [domain admin username]
Password: [domain admin password]
Domain: [Local domain]

I've tried [name], [name\bkupexec], etc and none seem to work. I connected to the SQL Express on our BE server and the DLO db is there inside BKUPEXEC. I troubleshot with the following:

link 1   - Havne't done step 2 yet but everything from step 1 was already there.

link 2 - backup exec dlo admin service and maintenance server are running. I do not see a MSSQLBKUPEXECDLO service but I do have SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) started. From resolution 3 "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\BKUPEXECDLO\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib" I do not have that BKUPEXECDLO folder in regedit. What I see is hklm\software\microsoft\microsoft sql server\bkupexec.

If I try to manually run DLO at D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\DLO\DLOConsoleu.exe" I get the same error as above "unable to connect to media server".

The license key is in the BE server and the box is checked next to DLO in "Configure Options" during BE setup.

Any ideas? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please see if the following key exist

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54475

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44844

Thanks

RyanJP
Level 3

As you can see, everything appears in the registry. For the second like, I ran each of those commands but they all result in the same error: "no such file or directory". I went to %temp% but I did not see any BE log files. Not sure if I can go ahead with the reinstall part of DLO as we currently have a backup running which I'm assuming would be affected by removing the DLO component of BE.

Thanks for your help so far!