cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Enterprise Vault backup cannot create partitionsecurednotification.xml trigger file

Jon_Hicks
Level 3
Partner
Hi, we're using Backup Exec 2010 to backup Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP3 using the Enterprise Vault agent, however, whenever we run a job we receive a warning as follows:

"The Enterprise Vault services cannot create the PartitionSecuredNotification.xml trigger file for the backup of an Enterprise Vault Agent partition. Ensure that the credentials have the correct privileges and that there is sufficient free space on the partition. "

Otherwise, the backups are running fine. I suspect this could be down to permissions, but we've given the Backup Exec service account administrator rights over both the EV server and the server hosting the vault store (this is also the server where backup exec is installed).

Although this error isn't critical, it is a bit annoying so keen to get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,

Jon
4 REPLIES 4

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Jon,

Can you make sure that the backup account has all three of these permissions in EV
Manage Vault Store Backup Mode
Manage Index Location Backup Mode
Manage Vault Store

Also make sure that the Service account is part of the local administrators group on all the EV servers, but from reading you post you may have already done this.

Jon_Hicks
Level 3
Partner
Yup, already added the account as a local admin on the EV server and on the server hosting the share that's being used for the Vault partition.

I've created a role in the Authorization Manager as follows:

ev-backup-role.png

but I'm still getting the error. I've closed the Authorization Manager and re-launched the EV Management Console, as advised by the prompts in the GUI.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
PartitionSecuredNotification.xml is created by the backup up software . It is normally used when the device you are using does not support archive bit and your vault store is set to Remove safety copy after the backup ,so once the backup is complete it update this XML file and all the pending archived icon are change to icons .. But if you are just using a windows share for the storage it should not look for the PartitionSecuredNotification.xml.

Jon_Hicks
Level 3
Partner
Indeed, but it does and reports an exception.

I've logged this with Symantec Support who are investigating the fault.