cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 - Exchange Server 2007 SP2 on Server 2008

tim_groleau
Level 3
I am trying to backup Exchange mail store groups, an on one group, our largest group which has four mail databases always gives this error with 0 data collected. I have 6 mail groups and i backed up one at a time today and this perticular group is the only one that errors out, and i canot figure out why. We have had this problem in 11d and just upgraded to 2010 in hopes it would correct itself, no avail.  The mail server is actual on a failover cluster, which gave me problems with the remote agent for 2010, so Symantec had me load the 12.5 remote agent, this work around aloud my to actually navigate to the mail store groups.

I have no control over the AOFO usage as Exchange 2007 defaults to that and there is no choice.

I am wondering if anyone has had this issue or if anyone knows of a solution. it has been over a month since I've gotten a back up, but I'm not sure the backups from before that are any better.

The target computer is running a previous version of the Backup Exec Remote Agent. You must upgrade the Remote Agent.

V-79-57344-65233 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\MailServer\Microsoft Information Store\Mail Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Writer Name: Exchange Server, Writer ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Failed during prepare snapshot operation (8).

1 REPLY 1

Kevin_Bowser
Level 2

Tim - did you get a solution?  I recently moved my back-up jobs to a new Back-Up Exec 2010 installation and now the Exchange back-up fails with this "...querying the Writer status" error.