cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010, Hyper-V, Disk Pool

tiptonm
Level 2
We have had a 3rd party install backup exec 2010.  I want a backup of all the VM's .  We have brought the Agent for Hyper-V and have setup a Disk Pool containing 1TB G:\ and 1TB H:\ drive.

The backup job backs up 800GB to G:\ then asks for media to be inserted.  It never rolls over to H:\ drive.

I have tested myself today and If I do another normal data backup it rolls over onto both G:\ and H:\ in a *.bkf file.  The Hyper V backup create a folder then all the data is contained with this folder.

We have not had a full backup of the VM's now and the fix I have been offered is more like a work around.  I was asked to create 2 kobs then point one to the G:\ and one to the H:\.  Surely this is a config problem?? 

Any help greatly appreciated!!!
2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Well this not possible by design of backup exec.
You can create cascaded drive pool but will can only created in tape drive senario and not backup to disk.
You can put this enchancement request in the IDEAS so probably Symantec enginerring team would look into it if many customer wants this enchancement
-

tiptonm
Level 2
RahulG thanks for your reply, we have been waiting a week with the people that installed it.