Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 NFR licence

clowers
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

I have installed Backup Exec 2010 with an NFR license key and the agents (Exchange, SQL, etc) only seem to have a 60 day licence. 

Is this correct as for previous NFR licenses all agents/options could be installed (I think!!)

I look forward to seeing your reply.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6
An NFR license is given to partners or resellers of BackupExec.  Typically it has ALL features enabled, for at least a year, if not forever.  

It's possible your key is incorrect.  You should contact your Symantec rep for a new one.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi clowers,

1. The standard trial license is 60 days. So make sure you get the licenses before then. there is a bit of a backlog at Symantec, but it appears that it will get sorted out in the next week or 2.

2. MOST of the licenses can be installed, but not all of them. If you run through the licensing of the product (Tools --> find the licensing wizard!), it will state that there are some licenses that need to be entered. But on the whole, you can generally get away with trials on most of them.

Laters!

clowers
Level 3
Partner
Thanks for replying Craig.  So you do have to purchase the licences for the agents even for an NFR license then?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

yes you would have too.

teiva-boy
Level 6
An NFR license is given to partners or resellers of BackupExec.  Typically it has ALL features enabled, for at least a year, if not forever.  

It's possible your key is incorrect.  You should contact your Symantec rep for a new one.

clowers
Level 3
Partner
Thats what i thought. I was just wondering whether they changed this for this version.  I will speak to our Symantec rep.

Thank you for your help :)

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
One of our product Manager's confirmed (on Tuesday)  that the NFR keys have been incorrectly generated with the agents and options disabled - they were working to fix this - but I'd recommedn speakign to your partner/reseller manager to verify what priocess you need to use to correct the issue.

clowers
Level 3
Partner
Thanks Colin.  I did raise a call as suggested by teiva-boy and got the following email and the correct code. 

We are aware of an issue with how the partner program SKUs were setup and initial orders of the partner program SKUs delivered a BE Server license instead of a BE NFR license.