cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2 Backup job fails if configured to eject tape

Tom_Jacob_Chira
Level 3

Hi,

I have installed Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 SP1. The backup solution is installed in Windows Server 2008 R2. I have a backup configured to eject the tape once the backup job is complete. This job runs on a weekly basis. The issue is that, after the job is completed, the tape will be ejected. But, the job in the management console will still be active. We will not be able to cancel this job. If we try to stop the services from Tools - > Backup Exec Services, then also, the services will be shown as 'stopping' itself. This is affecting the whole backup. The issue can be resolved only with a restart. Does any one know what may be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can go to Tools ---> Alert Categories and configure an auto-response for the Media Remove alert.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_Jacob_Chira
Level 3

The tape drive that we are using is

Product: Quantum Ultrium 3

Firmware: 2023

Drive Type: LTO 64K

Media Type: LTO

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you see any media remove alert in the alerts tab of BE console.

You may configure the alert to clear out automatically

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is it still running the Verify task?

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I suspect you have an alert that you haven't responded to, which askes you to "remove the media from the drive".  Once you respond to that alert, the job should finish quickly and there is no need to cancel it.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can go to Tools ---> Alert Categories and configure an auto-response for the Media Remove alert.

Tom_Jacob_Chira
Level 3

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. The issue happens only during Wednesdays. I have configured an auto-response for the media remove alert now. Will tell you the result after the next wednesday.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom_Jacob_Chira
Level 3

Hi all,

Thanks for the messages. I checked and found that there were a lot of entries in the event viewer, regarding the media remove alert. I had now configured to respond automatically. Hopefully, this should resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Tom