Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2 Freezes trying to access remote server

SECC_IT
Level 2

Backup Exec 2010 R2

Server 2008 Standard, all BE updates are current, including remote agents

Remote Agents on several servers.

I have one server that suddenly cannot be backed up. This server is called RDSERV1. 

In the modify backup job screen, I click on RDSERV1 and the program becomes unresponsive and freezes every time.

Other servers are accessed no problem.

What I have done:

1. Reinstalled remote agent on RDSERV1
  2. Made sure everything was up to date using Live Update, including all the remote agents.
  3. Rebooted server with BE on it as well as RDSERV1.

Still happening. I have some data on that server I would like backed up. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is there any AV running on the remote server ?

Are there large number of user shares, deep directory structures on the remote server ?

Does the remote server contain an UEFI partition ?

Are you able to access this server via User Defined Selections ?

Lastly, better to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which was the latest release in the 2010 series. Same licenses can be used and 2010 R3 is much more stable and contains fixes than BE 2010 R2.

SECC_IT
Level 2

Is there any AV running on the remote server ?  No

Are there large number of user shares, deep directory structures on the remote server ?  No

Does the remote server contain an UEFI partition ?  No

Are you able to access this server via User Defined Selections ?  No

Lastly, better to upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which was the latest release in the 2010 series. Same licenses can be used and 2010 R3 is much more stable and contains fixes than BE 2010 R2. 

Everything was fine until recently. Obviously something changed, but nothing I can point my finger on. All other servers are accessed no problem, it is just this one.

Why doesn't Live Update let you know when there is a new release? What a useless feature.

How do I get R3?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

LU does notify you that R3 is available.  There are many discussions in this forum that will testify to that.  If you clear the alert notifying you that R3 is available, there would be no further notification.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here is the direct link - http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

And this KB can help with the direct upgrade process - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=tech159557

Once, 2010 R3 is installed, pls run LiveUpdate at least twice so that BE is fully updated and then update the remote agents.