cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2 Robotic Library does not show

Leisuretech
Level 2

I am having problems getting the robotic library to show up in BE.  The device shows up and I can see all the slots on the drive but when I go to configure devices assistance and step through configure robotic library devices it says it is successful but a Robotic drive does not show up under Devices and nothing has changed. 

I also made sure that additional features (Robotic Library) was installed in BE.

I checked the compatibility of the tape drive with the BE and it is fine.

In device manager  the tape drive shows correctly. I also installed the drivers on the server (2003 SP2) and i went into configure device assistance and installed the drivers in BE as well. 

Not sure what else to try. This tape drive is only 1 drive.

Any ideas what could be wrong.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you please post a screenshot of the devices tab from BE console and Windows device manager.

Leisuretech
Level 2

Here is a screenshot

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As per the screenshot HP002 is the library, HP001 is the tape drive and then you have the 8 slots 

DoubleEM
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

1) Wondering did you check that the tape drive is supported under the BE version you are using?

2) In Windows Device manager, is your Medium Changer appear as "Unknown Medium Changer"?

Thx

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

As DoubleEM says, I reckon that the Unknown device is the actual changer. You need to have the manufacturer's device driver installed for the changer, then let Backup Exec use its own driver for the drive. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The library should appear as an Unknown Medium Changer with a Microsoft driver.  Do NOT use the manufacturer's driver for the library.  Symantec does not have a driver for libraries.