cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2 fail to backup Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox

chewfoong
Level 2

Hi,

just yesterday, i encounter a problem on backing up my exchange server mailbox which previously had no problem at all.

the prompt me an error message :"The job failled with the following error: Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings. The database was not found, however. Update the selection list and run the job again"

i do not know why and how this problem came to me.

i tried to run live update on media server, as well as update the agent in other server. no luck

i can still see and select my exchange mailbox from the "selection list" while i am checking the job setup, i even try to test the resources, and it is successful to access.

i even try to re-create a new backup job, but the error remain the same...

if anyone faced this problem before, please help, it is a critical problem to me.

thank in advanced 

5 REPLIES 5

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer the following TN.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH140090

Hope it helps..

Regards...

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If above articel doesn't resolve it then please check if you have valid license installed for exchange and it was not running in evaluation.

It does give the same error if avaluation period expires

chewfoong
Level 2

thanks for the response, let me give it a shot.

will update here ASAP

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Hello,

Is your Exchange installed on a Windows 2008 platform?

Is Backup Exec on a Windows 2003?

Could you please ensure that the account being used is the "System Logon Account" in backup exec?

You may want to ensure that IPv6 is not enabled on the Exchange server.

Also follow the TN mentioned above, that should pretty much resolve this issue, else we would like a SGMON debug on the media server while the job runs.

Thank you, do keep us posted!

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Chewfoong,

Any update here?

Is your issue got resolved?

Regards.