cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2

TheMind
Level 3
Hello. I've noticed that they have the Backup Exec 2010 R2 Administrator's Guides and Quick Start Guides up. Does anyone have the official date for the release? I'm waiting for this release to implement Sharepoint 2010 with SQL 2008 R2, and it seems like I'm right in stride, or real close... Anyone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
The update we have  is, The pre release is Aug 2 2010 but no ETA for the complete/full release for BUE 2010 R2..

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

teiva-boy
Level 6
Close, within the next week no more than two.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you rea the SCL properly, SQL 2008 R2 is not supported by either BE 2010 or BE 2010 R2.  You may have to use SQL 2008 until SQL 2008 R2 is supported.

teiva-boy
Level 6
I believe R2 when out, will address SQL R2! ;)

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The support for SQL 2008 R2 may come at a later date.

muhajreen
Level 3

Anyway they say that it will be released today August 2nd. Check the latest responses in this article:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/support-snow-leopard-os-x-1061#comment-4285761

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
The update we have  is, The pre release is Aug 2 2010 but no ETA for the complete/full release for BUE 2010 R2..

TheMind
Level 3
Do you know if this will just be issued as an update, downloadable via LiveUpdate, or if it will be an Upgrade Notification/File Connect deal?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

BE2010 R2 will not be available through Live Update. It is 3.2GB ISO you will have to download through the file connect.

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
it will be download via fileconnect since this is a new product for BUE and its not an upgrade.

TheMind
Level 3
Thanks to both answers!

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
Sure no problem. We'll try to post some information if we'll have an update for BUE R2. :p

TheMind
Level 3
Actually, I just checked, and R2 is available in FileConnect, so I'm downloading now!

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

yeah ive also check it just now and its already available in fileconnect. If you will have problem with it, just call Technical Department at 1-800-634-4747 option 1.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
If any of the above post has helped you, do mark it as a solution so that we can close this thread.

Turls
Level 6

For more information on the R2 release, please check the blog https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/announcing-launch-backup-exec-2010-r2.

BE-Billy
Level 2
Employee Accredited
@pkh

Backup Exec 2010 R2 is capable of protecting SQL 2008 R2.  We recommend anyone in the TAP program for SQL 2008 R2 as well as anyone using trial software of the SQL 2008 CTP to use Backup Exec 2010 R2 to protect their SQL databases.  Once Microsoft makes SQL 2008 R2 Generally Available (GA) we will add this to our SCL.

Thanks!
Billy

*Don't forget to check out support for SharePoint 2010, Exchange 2010 SP1 and Mac OSX 10.6 as well!

Ase
Level 3

Hi,

I can find in the documentation that SQL 2008R2 databases can be backupped with BE2010R2.
Can I also use SQL 2008R2 as the BE database server aswell?