cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Failed when i start job with (Hardware error)

Morsy_787
Level 3

Hello,

i am using Backup Exec 2010 R3 in windows 2008 R2 Datacenter and using Dell Powervault TL2000 tape library to make backup.The problem is when i start any job

1-The job was running and the (current operation) was (Backup) and (job Status) was (running)
2-In the middle of running job ; an alert said ('Backup 00011' has reported Multiple Tape Alerts on Server ) was appeared.
3-Then another two alerts said ( Tape alert - attempting to clean drive.) and (Tape alert - drive cleaned.) ; then the job failed.

is any idea can help me to solve this issue?.Is any tool can i use it to locate the source of the problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is it happening so frequently?

Is there any events in event viewer related to this?

You can check the tape devices with DELL library and tape tools. If any problem reported, you contact vendor.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is it happening so frequently?

Is there any events in event viewer related to this?

You can check the tape devices with DELL library and tape tools. If any problem reported, you contact vendor.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

It looks like your tape drive reported that it was dirty, so BE cleaned it.  But that wouldn't fail the backup job.

What errors/alerts are in the backup job?  Tape alerts come from the hardware itself, so the resolution to TapeAlerts is usually to fix/change something on the hardware side.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Clean your tape drive

2) Run the Dell diagnostic utility against the tape drive.  Make sure you select the write test and that you have stopped all the BE services beforehand.  If the utility reports a failure, the drive needs to be replaced.

3) If you repeatedly get the alert to clean your drive, despite being recently cleaned, then the tape drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is regardless of whether the drive passes the diagnostic utility test.

Morsy_787
Level 3
Hello All, This alerts and error occur in all my taps in the library and in every running job .So is it possible that all my taps goes bad at the same time . I Cleaned the taps and when i checked the status of my library i found that there is an attention alert .So i think there is a hardware probleme. Thank you for all