cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Granular (GRT) backups of Sharepoint data, written to disk and with the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) enabled, may fail with '0xe0001602 - Access is denied (Share point backup).

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Dears ,

I have  An issue  the same as  in the following articles

1. http://www.symantec.com/connect/issues/snapshot-backup-sharepoint-data-grt-fails-access-denied
  2. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH163882

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Granular (GRT) backups of Sharepoint data, written to disk and with the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) enabled, may fail with '0xe0001602 - Access is denied (Share point backup).

GRT backups with AOFO enabled, but written direct to tape or GRT backups to disk without AOFO enabled, will both complete and leave valid restore data.

Problem

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Granular (GRT) backups of Sharepoint data, written to disk and with the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) enabled, may fail with '0xe0001602 - Access is denied (Share point backup). No Restore selections  will be left for the Content DBs of this job. 

This has been seen for data from Sharepoint 2003, Sharepoint 2007, and Sharepoint 2010.

GRT backups with AOFO enabled, but written direct to tape or GRT backups to disk without AOFO enabled, will both complete and leave valid restore data.

Error

Completion status: Failed

Final error: 0xe0001602 - Access is denied (Share point backup).
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-5634

This Exception may also show up:

Backup- Sharepoint - 80\Content-DB1 (SERVERNAME\SHAREPOINT\WSS_Content)

Solution

This issue has been resolved in Backup Exec 2010 R3 Service Pack 2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now I Installed Backup Exec 2010 R3 Service Pack 2 and all Hotfixes but the problem is not solved yet .  Kindly advise me what can i do in order to backup sharepoint 2010 to Disk successfully.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When backing up databases, you should turn off AOFO.

ramy_shaker
Level 4

But it is succeeded to tape .

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Ramy,

Yep, it might succeed to tape, but using AOFO with a SQL backup for instance would see you not being able to do a redirected restore to another SQL server.

Using AOFO with Exchange servers saw me having to duplicate manually to disk as no matter what I tried, I could not do a restore of anything from tape using GRT.

So...do not use AOFO, and I think this is mentioned in numerous Symantec docs too when backing up DBs. If you have to use AOFO, split off your backups, and if you don't know how too, read below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/backing-databases-and-files-same-tape-separate-jobs-using-backup-exec

Thanks!