Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 .R3 How To Backup "AD,Exchnage"

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Guy,

i need big help for the below..

- How to Backup AD 2008 R2 Step by Step?

- How to Backup Exchange 2010 Step ByStep?

Note:-

Please don't tell me read Admin Guide " i read it and i feel lost,also i need ASAP"

8 REPLIES 8

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

How to Backup AD 2008 R2 Step by Step? 

-When you backup the System State of the server your AD is already backed up. But if you want to restore individual data (like Users, groups,etc)  of AD then you will require Active Directory Recovery Agent (ADRA). Install ADRA on Backup Exec server. Install Backup Exec Remote Agent on the remote server which needs to be protected. Then from the selection list browse to that server and then select the C: drive and System State for backups.

How to backup Exchange 2010?

First of all to backup Exchange 2010 you need to have Backup Exec 2010 installed on 64 bit server.

1) Install Backup Exec Agent for Exchange license key in Backup Exec

2) Install Backup Exec Remote Agent on the Exchange 2010 server

3) Install Exchange 2010 Management Console on the Backup Exec server and install its patches (update rolls ups) upto same level as installed on Exchange server

4) Create a new backup job and in the selection list browse to the Exchange server

5) Under the servername you will see Microsoft Exchange Information Store

6) Select this Information Store to backup all  the databases present in Exchange

7) Select the other settings like backup destination device and schedule and then run the job

This will protect your complete Exchange application.

If your Exchange 2010 is in Database Availability Group (DAG) then follow the steps as below:

2) Install Backup Exec Remote Agent on all the Exchange 2010 server in DAG

3) Install Exchange 2010 Management Console on the Backup Exec server and install its patches (update rolls ups) upto same level as installed on Exchange server

4) Create a new backup job and in the selection list you will see Exchange Database Availability Group (DAG) at the bottom

5) Expand this node and select the DAG name

6) This will backup all  the databases present in Exchange

7) Select the other settings like backup destination device and schedule and then run the job

Thanks,

-Sush...  

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Dear Such,

Thanks Greet.

but i have nother question

my qurstion what i have to do if i want two tier Backup?

i mean one backup set in local driver and 2nd backup in tape.

Sush---
Level 6

You can create a backup policy with two templates.

First template will backup the Exchange data to disk.

And second template will be a Duplicate template which will duplicate the data from disk to tape.

Refer to the following technotes :

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48668 : Use and Configuration of Duplicate Backup Jobs with Backup Exec

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO22916 : Adding a duplicate backup template to a policy

Thanks,

-Sush...

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Please correct if I'm mistake when I have two mailbox and DAG in Exchange 2010 server how I can sort the backup job policy ….

- create one backup job for DAG or create backup job for one mailbox node with DAG or both node with DAG.

- For other Exchange 2010 Role “HUB, CAS and Edge” shell I Create a backup job policy to backing up the System State only

Also for the Active directory if I have a AD with two server (domain and replica)

- shell I backup job policy for the two AD servers or one backup job for each one.

Sush---
Level 6

- create one backup job for DAG or create backup job for one mailbox node with DAG or both node with DAG.

Ans: Here you can create just a single backup job and then select the DAG node which will automatically select the two Mailbox databases which are in DAG configuration.

- For other Exchange 2010 Role “HUB, CAS and Edge” shell I Create a backup job policy to backing up the System State only

Ans: There is no need to backup these other two servers are Exchange protection. In case of Disaster recovery of Exchange you can install these roles as they were before the disaster and then restore just the Information Store of Exchange.

Note: If you still want to backup the System state then you will require additional RAWS License key.

Also for the Active directory if I have a AD with two server (domain and replica)

- shall I backup job policy for the two AD servers or one backup job for each one

Ans: This is as per your requirement. I would still recommend to backup both the servers. You can select both the servers in the same job itself.

Thank,

-Sush...

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Dear Sush,

Thaks

my quesions when i can configure this option after cretion the policy for exchange / AD

Sush---
Level 6

Sorry I am not able to understand your question correctly. Could you please clarify the same.?

Thanks,

-Sush...

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks man it is ok i sovled this issue forget that