Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Remote Agent for Windows Server

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

how i can remove Backup Exec 2010 R3 Agent for Windows server in all my client as one time or Any Script File

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Omar: Might be worth heading to the Ideas section and adding this as an idea. Maybe it gets picked up and maybe not. That said, I don't know of any backup software that automatically removes agents etc.

You might want to look at creating a policy in Active Directory (assuming you run a Windows domain) and seeing if this allows you to uninstall the RAWS agent. If so, put any servers in that need this applied too.

If you need help with this, go read up about it on the MS site...pretty good explaining domain policies.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think you have to uninstall it manually from each machine. 

Regards....

CraigV

Omar: Might be worth heading to the Ideas section and adding this as an idea. Maybe it gets picked up and maybe not. That said, I don't know of any backup software that automatically removes agents etc.

You might want to look at creating a policy in Active Directory (assuming you run a Windows domain) and seeing if this allows you to uninstall the RAWS agent. If so, put any servers in that need this applied too.

If you need help with this, go read up about it on the MS site...pretty good explaining domain policies.

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Craig,

i would like to ask Symantec to make it an option i nBackup exec 2012

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As Craig suggested post it as an IDEA. Below is the link to post your Idea.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/node/add/idea?add_context=711

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Guys Thanks.

as AmolZeroCool i add as idea

CraigV

...I think you mean as CraigV said...Amol simply pointed you back to my post wink

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes And Sorry "Thanks you man"

CraigV

...you don't mark your own post as the solution unless you solved it. This needs to be closed off properly by marking the PROPER post, whomever that belongs too...

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

CraigV how to close it, please guide me