cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 - Remote Server

Precimecan
Level 2

Hi !

I have three server with 2008 R2. For backup, I buy Backup Exec 2010 R3.

I install Backup Exec 2010 R3 on a one server (Server I) and install Remote Agent on a two servers (Server II and Server III).

From Backup Exec Consol, I can select various drive, folder and files on Server I but it's not possible with Server II and Server III. I can just select Server.

How can I do to it ? I install Advanced Open Files manualy with this tuto but never change.

K.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee
Hello, Try establishing trust: Follow the steps: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158716 abstract from the article: Method 1: Single Remote Server - Push Install 1.Push install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers to a remote machine. 2.After install, the remote machine may require a reboot. 3.Open the Backup Exec Windows Servers Admin Console. 4.Go to the Job Setup tab. 5.Open a new Backup Selection List. 6.Go to Favorite Resources > Windows Systems and confirm the remote machine is listed. 7.If the machine is listed, attempt to expand the server. 8.A prompt will be received if the machine is not trusted. The option to trust the machine will be made available at this time. ---- Solution 2 Try restarting the remote agent If possible get a screen shot of the selection

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee
Hello, Try establishing trust: Follow the steps: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158716 abstract from the article: Method 1: Single Remote Server - Push Install 1.Push install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers to a remote machine. 2.After install, the remote machine may require a reboot. 3.Open the Backup Exec Windows Servers Admin Console. 4.Go to the Job Setup tab. 5.Open a new Backup Selection List. 6.Go to Favorite Resources > Windows Systems and confirm the remote machine is listed. 7.If the machine is listed, attempt to expand the server. 8.A prompt will be received if the machine is not trusted. The option to trust the machine will be made available at this time. ---- Solution 2 Try restarting the remote agent If possible get a screen shot of the selection

Precimecan
Level 2

Thanks for your quick reply !

I don't know that my server was in "Favorite Resources".

I'ts working. Thanks !