Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Renewal Licensing

tunji
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

i need an assistance for backup exec renewal license

My backup execs 2010R3 has expired and place an order for RENEWAL. Once the license came out.

I upgrade my backup exec 2010 R3 to backup exec 2012.I input the Serial Number during the installation and backup Exec 2012 indicate it has MAINTENACE AGENT FOR APPLICATION AND DATEBASE .

On the console it show Trial product and i have to uninstall and replace it with my previous backup exec 2010R3.

On renewal assistance for backup exec 2010 its show Quick Start Edition

Does’ mean that renewal license for backup exec 2010 R3 would not work for backup exec 2012.

i attach all print screen of each stage.

I need clarification for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I input the Serial Number during the installation

In BE2012 you need to import the SLF(Symantec Licensing File), prior to BE2012 Symantec 

used to issue Serial Numbers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB

I input the Serial Number during the installation

In BE2012 you need to import the SLF(Symantec Licensing File), prior to BE2012 Symantec 

used to issue Serial Numbers.

Sush---
Level 6

It seems that the SLF files that you have are of Maintenance contract. You may speak to Customer Care (License dept) and get the actual License SLF files. You may ask them for Notification id and then also generate the SLF files from the Licensing portal at www.licensing.symantec.com .

Thanks,

-Sush...

tunji
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

I have Buffalo TeraStation Pro [NAS] that connected to the network through Rj45 and i want to use it has a Storage on Backup Exec 2012.

Should used IP ADDRESS has path or what?

I need helps

thanks

Sush---
Level 6

Please open a new Forum Post for the new issue so that it can be replied (helped) by all the other posters...

Thanks,

-Sush...