Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 Upgrade B2D Retarget issue

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Support,

I have an issue with retargetting the jobs to new B2D folders after a Service pack 3 upgrade of the BE 2010 R3.

I had to recreate the folders and edit the job setup.

Is there any hotfix to correct this as the client is not yet ready to go for BE 2012 and they want this resolved.

Thank you for your response.

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You got to provide more details of your problem. Otherwise, nobody can help you.

lmosla
Level 6

It's possible that recreating your folders fixed the issue.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It is possible that you have been caught out by the 2012 restriction of ONLY 1 B2D folder per Windows Volume which nmeans that during an upgrade some of the folders will be marked as read only and you do then have to retarget affected jobs to other Disk Storage/B2D devices.

If this is your problem then sorry but this was caused by an operational design change and I am not aware that we intend to change the new behaviour

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Colin,

I used the option I got from other members and i changed the destination from within the job properties.

This is not nice. Moreover this customer has not yet upgraded to BE 2012. This is still BE 2010 R3 which was upgraded to SP3.

lmosla
Level 6

What happened that caused you to have to recreate the folders and edit the job settings?

There havent been any hotfixes released since sp3

CTCarp
Not applicable

This is the correct answer for anyone looking - I changed devices and had to change job locationswith the job properties  in order to remove the device