cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP4 and Windows Server 2012

Judh
Level 4

I am curently having an issue backing up a server with server 2012 on it.  I have backup exec 2010 R3 SP4 (installed on server 2008R2) with latest patches, agent is up to date.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the agent. Rebooted, both servers.

I had V-79-10000-13305 (recovery volume can't be backed up etc) in the beggining, and then it turned into

- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\xxx\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\xxx\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: N...
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\xxx\System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

I have mounted the recovery volume per the instructions.

This is a hyperV server, with 2 IP Addresses,1 for server communication and the other is used for the HyperV VM's

I open the backup job, and it takes 20-30 seconds to see the contents of the server.  I can look at C, then alternative drives.

If I try to open System State or Shadow copy components, it takes upto 5 minutes to view, and then I try looking at another drive, or all (system state, or random drive letter) and get "An Error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of the system state.  A network connection to the server could not be established"

if I close the backup job and reopen, i can look at the normal drive letters, but again with the system state or VSC will re-occurr.

At some point 2 months ago, this backup worked, and no connectivity issues occurred.  I got the V-79 issue first for a few backups, and then for the last month, a random drive on the server wouldn't be backed up,now it is all drives won't be backed up.

VSSAdmin shows all writers stable, but takes a minute or two to display.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Judh
Level 4

Forgot to mention:

I disabled SEP 12.1 RU4 Latest client build, also disabled the firewalls.

I found a second believe I have narrowed it down to a network port on the backup server itself that we had setup for a SAN storage solution at one point.

When I disable the connection the issue goes away at least from a 'I can make a backup or it fails to connect' standpoint.

Testing the selection of a single network port in the software now. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lmosla
Level 6

Make exclusions in AV for all the Backup Exec processes.  Update driver's for the NIC's on the servers
and update the Firmware for SCSI / RAID Controllers.

also try running a repair for the Backup Exec install from Add and Remove Programs and then recreate your jobs

Judh
Level 4

Forgot to mention:

I disabled SEP 12.1 RU4 Latest client build, also disabled the firewalls.

I found a second believe I have narrowed it down to a network port on the backup server itself that we had setup for a SAN storage solution at one point.

When I disable the connection the issue goes away at least from a 'I can make a backup or it fails to connect' standpoint.

Testing the selection of a single network port in the software now.