cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP4 and Windows Server 2012

I am curently having an issue backing up a server with server 2012 on it.  I have backup exec 2010 R3 SP4 (installed on server 2008R2) with latest patches, agent is up to date.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the agent. Rebooted, both servers.

I had V-79-10000-13305 (recovery volume can't be backed up etc) in the beggining, and then it turned into

- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\xxx\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\xxx\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: N...
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\xxx\System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

I have mounted the recovery volume per the instructions.

This is a hyperV server, with 2 IP Addresses,1 for server communication and the other is used for the HyperV VM's

I open the backup job, and it takes 20-30 seconds to see the contents of the server.  I can look at C, then alternative drives.

If I try to open System State or Shadow copy components, it takes upto 5 minutes to view, and then I try looking at another drive, or all (system state, or random drive letter) and get "An Error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of the system state.  A network connection to the server could not be established"

if I close the backup job and reopen, i can look at the normal drive letters, but again with the system state or VSC will re-occurr.

At some point 2 months ago, this backup worked, and no connectivity issues occurred.  I got the V-79 issue first for a few backups, and then for the last month, a random drive on the server wouldn't be backed up,now it is all drives won't be backed up.

VSSAdmin shows all writers stable, but takes a minute or two to display.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Forgot to mention: I disabled

Forgot to mention:

I disabled SEP 12.1 RU4 Latest client build, also disabled the firewalls.

I found a second believe I have narrowed it down to a network port on the backup server itself that we had setup for a SAN storage solution at one point.

When I disable the connection the issue goes away at least from a 'I can make a backup or it fails to connect' standpoint.

Testing the selection of a single network port in the software now. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Make exclusions in AV for

Make exclusions in AV for all the Backup Exec processes.  Update driver's for the NIC's on the servers
and update the Firmware for SCSI / RAID Controllers.

also try running a repair for the Backup Exec install from Add and Remove Programs and then recreate your jobs

Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Forgot to mention: I disabled

Forgot to mention:

I disabled SEP 12.1 RU4 Latest client build, also disabled the firewalls.

I found a second believe I have narrowed it down to a network port on the backup server itself that we had setup for a SAN storage solution at one point.

When I disable the connection the issue goes away at least from a 'I can make a backup or it fails to connect' standpoint.

Testing the selection of a single network port in the software now. 

View solution in original post