cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Service Pack 2

Egon1971
Level 2

Is a reboot of Media Server required after updating to SP2 Backup Exec 2010 R3 through Live Update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

How to check the version or status of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH15524

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Depends on Configuration,  for instance if running DeDuplication then yes, but there may be other components that require it. Problem is in some cases you will only find out at the end of the install process.

BTW Best Practice is always reboot a server after a major update to software on it. Reason being if you do major updates to more than one piece of software, if something negative is seen during the reboot, how would you work out which changes caused the problem.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Service Pack is a major update (unlike individual hotfixes). Reboot of media server is recommended. 

Also ensure to upgrade the Remote Agents installed on remove machine to make sure they get the required patches installed.

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Dear Sir:

After upgrading and restarting with SP2, please run LiveUpdate again since there are two important hotfixes available also for installing.

Regards,

Egon1971
Level 2

BHavik;

What is the best way to check if remote agents have been upgraded as well; I do not seem to get the option too push put updates to remote agents on Live Update.

thanks

Egon1971
Level 2

What is the best way to check if remote agents have been upgraded as well; I do not seem to get the option too push put updates to remote agents on Live Update.

thanks

Egon1971
Level 2

I guess I should rephrase; will Live Update automatically reboot the Media Server that was upgraded? It's important that I schedule the reboot, not have it done automatically.

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Just choose Install Remote Agents.... as you would usually push install a new Remote Agent, and the system will check for needed updates.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

How to check the version or status of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH15524