cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 SharePoint 2010 RBS (Remote Blob Storage)

Timo_K
Level 3

Hello,

Does anybody know is Backup Exec 2010 R3 and SharePoint 2010 RBS (Remote Blob Storage) with FILESTREAM provider (Local)  are SUPPORT!

SQL Server is 2008 R2.

Timo

4 REPLIES 4

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179869

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173582

Timo_K
Level 3

Hi, can you clarify.

I understand that RBS FILESTREAM can be local or remote and remote FILESTREAM is not support with Sharepoint Agent.

This article TECH179869 says

Problem

Backup of applications with BLOB storage, Remote BLOB Storage (RBS) using Application GRT (Granular Recovery Technology) Backup Exec AVVI (Agent for Vmware Virtual Infrastructure) or Hyper-V agent.

Solution

Backup Exec 2010 :
  • Application GRT with BLOB and RBS providers will NOT work at this time and is currently not supported.
  • We can use the method of backing up respective applications using RAWS (Remote Agent for Windows System) based backups.
NOTE :  Keep in mind this will not backup the BLOB objects. You need to manually backup the database first, then manually backup these BLOBs using File System Backup. This must be done AFTER backing up the database to ensure no broken links. All do not however support granular recovery.

To restore this data simply restore the BLOB store first and then restore the SharePoint farm or SQL databases.

You need to manually backup the database first, then manually backup these BLOBs using File System Backup. This must be done AFTER backing up the database to ensure no broken links. All do not however support granular recovery

What about if FILESTREAM is local is it support?

I have test enviroment and use local FILESTREAM. I can backup RBS data but when i restore i got error.

Timo

Gurvinder

local/remote RBLOB is not supported currently. The workaround can be followed at this time.

EDIT :

Regarding the file stream, I will check on it and get back

Gurvinder

Filestreams are also not supported.