cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Varied Job Rate.

larchcomputerse
Level 2

I have scoured the internet looking for answers to this issue but have not yet found one.

Looking at one of out customer sites, there backup runs at either around 400mb/min or around 1200mb/min.
Nothing inbetween. 

So I am posting this to see if someone has a soloution to this issue, or if someone can inform me to why this is happening. 

Please find an image below on what I am trying to explain. 

5 REPLIES 5

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Does this Job log show all occurrances of the same Backup Job? If yes, thn you try identifying if the problem is related to any specific resource/activity during the job.

1. Open a successful Job log with 1200 job rate.

2. Open a successful Job log with 400 job rate

3. Arange both windows side by side and try to compare the start and end times of each of the resources selected.

4. This way you'll come to know which resource/activity took more time to complete/start in 400 job as compared to the 1200 job.

Once the problem area is identified, we can look for a cause and a suitable solution.

Note: If all resources are taking more time, thn it will involve a different troubleshooting angle.

larchcomputerse
Level 2

Both the backup jobs are exactly the same. 

I have compared the two job rates.

Slow Time (400mb/min) Fast Time (1200mb/min)
Start Time 10pm 10pm
First Part (SQL) Start - Finnish 10:06 - 10:07 10:01 - 10:02
Second Part (C:) Start 10:10 10:34

As you can see the start time and first backup between the slow and the fast backup are roughly the same. 

But going onto the second part, this slow one starts within 3mins and runs at 400mb/min.

On the otherhand, the faster backup starts backing up the second part after 32 mins and runs at 1200mb/min.

But obviously the faster backup completes the backup of C: quicker. 

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you please check if the targe device is same for both the jobs? Are you backing up to tape library with more than one tape drive? Have you tried backing up to any other device? like B2D?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Riyaj

larchcomputerse
Level 2

I can confirm that the target device is the same.

There is only one tape drive. 

A few weeks ago 6 B2D's were done, they too had varied backup times. 

HSCasidra
Not applicable

Have you found a solution to this problem, I have the same problem. My jobrate dropped dramatically. Can someone please help.

Thank you