Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 and SharePoint 2010 - error: 0xe0009b61

puthoff
Level 2

BackUp Exec 2010 r3

SharePoint 2010

Agent for Microsoft SharePoint

A while back my SharePoint backup job started to fail. I opened up a ticket with Symantec with no success. What I realized is once I  ran the powershell command "psconfigui" to update the configuration and content databases for SharePoint that the job ran without issue for 2 days or so. Then it would error again.

Job ended: Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 10:01:17 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009b61 - The logon account that was provided does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct, and then try again.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-39777

I would then run the "psconfigui" and it will run without issue for about 2 days.

Has anyone seen this before?

Does anyone have and ideas or solution?

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have recently changed password for the BE service account than refer to below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH168587

puthoff
Level 2

No password change on the BE service account. Nothing changed on the configuration side of things.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you recently applied any updates to sharepoint ? Was sharepoint recently upgraded from a prev. version ?

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

I haven't seen that one... Normally one run of psconfigui will implement any upgrades that you've applied to Sharepoint and backup errors will cease.  Do any reources get backed up for Sharepoint?  index files?

Russ

puthoff
Level 2

The only job that runs on the SharePoint farm is BE full farm backup nightly. There were no password changes, SharePoint patches have been put in place so that we are running the latest and great version. This all started happening around the same time that we deployed office web apps onto the SharePoint server.

Nabil_polska
Level 4
Employee Accredited

A. Recreate the Selection list and Policy
or
B. Create a stand alone backup job to backup the effected server.