cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 now Released

Turls
Level 6

Backup Exec 2010 R3 released on May 3rd, 2011 – with improvements in virtualization backup, archiving, and security. Backup Exec 2010 R3 continues with our “R” series of releases – new features, new capabilities, and continued improvement to our award-winning backup and recovery application.

Read this BLOG for more information.

2 REPLIES 2

RuVL_B_Reilly
Level 2

HI I recently did a fresh install of BUE2010 with R3 as trial.

I had R2 prior as trial and had some issues most or all gone after i installed R3.

Now however with R3 I'm getting new issues i didnt have before.

Mainly :

1. Unable to Attach to the Resource <server>

2. snapshot provider error 0xE000FE1F : The device cannot be found.

3. Remote Agent not detected on <server> .. even though it is.

4. File Server . VSS snapshot warning : File <filename> is not present on snapshot. this phantom file which has nto been on that FPS server in months is giving grief.

5. The .DR file that is required for IDR is not updated... why not? surely this is part of the back up job....???

6.SQL . Setting Service Account access with sysadmin roles.. I'm finding the how to far too vague... and even after a selection list credential test , showing the account connects.. then says does not have enough priviledges..

I dont want to go changing any more on this shared 2008 R2 SQL install at this point i suspect i've given too much/many roles to the BUE Service account on it.

Note: my media server, console and SQL server used are on same 2008 R2 SP1 windows server.

I discovered the hard way that if my change my job to the VMWare Method it overflows the tape (LTO4)

2 physical servers (ADS)

3 ESX hosts - 8 Virtual Servers

It seems the VI agent is trying to back up the entire provisioned space per VM and not the sapce used as thiese VHDs are THIN .

So i had to switch to the more costly (licensing) per host agent. I would rather use the VMware agent licsening model as its more cost effective, but not if its taking more than one LTO4  tape for a full backup.

and tips, suggestions, ideas welcome.... (fingers crossed someone actually bothers to reply)  ::)

I choose this product due to past usage and the recent joke that is HP Data Protector Express 5 i got lumbered with and broke my heart. I'm still cursing the eeejit that bought it without consulting me first.

khangee78
Level 2

there are any special Instruction to upgrade Backup Exec 2010 R2 to Backup Exec 2010 R3.