Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 restore individual mailbox Exchnage GRT

Alex_Maccabi1
Level 3

Hey mates,

When I`m trying to restore exchange 2010 mailbox,

I`m getting this error:

Now what I've tried is, brwosing to the IMGxxx folder and renaming the VDB file to vbd.old and renaming the vbd_2012_10_28 to vbd_2012_10_28.old

But I`m still getting this error.

The strange thing is I've incountered this error before and I did the same workaround.

I've checked the the credentials and everthing seems fine, it still give me succesfull backup.

but I can reach them.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_Maccabi1
Level 3

Ummmm,

Well I solved  the problem I've created another backup to folder on another disk.

Did a full backup for the exchange.

Now I can restore individual mailboxes, all this without the managment tools !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you checked this technote?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH64095

Also make sure the same version of the Exchange 2010 Management Tools are installed on the Backup Exec Media server.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ensure all the requirements mentioned below are met :
1. Backup Exec Account used for backup must have an active mailbox on the exchange server.
2. The mailbox should not be hidden from the Global Address List
3. Make sure the ID used by Backup Exec is added to the Organization Management group of Exchange Roll Based Access Controls (RBAC).
4. Backup Exec "Logon Account" is an explicit member of Local Administrators group in the Exchange Server
5. Backup Exec "Logon Account" is "Unique" inside the Exchange Organization.  See  "How to confirm that an Exchange mailbox name is unique within the Exchange organization when configuring Backup Exec to back up Exchange mailboxes"
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24691
8. Make sure the Exchange 2010 Management tools are installed on the Backup Exec server.

Alex_Maccabi1
Level 3

1-5 checked, as I said before I was able to restore mailboxes from backup-exec.

I cant install Exchange Management Tools because backup-exec is installed on WebSrv, and I dont think it even required.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, the Exchange management tools is a requirement for GRT restores !

Alex_Maccabi1
Level 3

Ummmm,

Well I solved  the problem I've created another backup to folder on another disk.

Did a full backup for the exchange.

Now I can restore individual mailboxes, all this without the managment tools !