cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 stuck in Queue

CCIE2B
Level 2

My 2010 BE R3, is failing to perform some job.

* when I run the job manually, it's stays in queue forever and neves starts.

* some automatic job fails and gives the error that the credentials are no suficient.

- the account I am using is Administrator account, and these job was performing fine weeks ago, no one changed the password.

I tried to restart the server, but the issue continues, I tried to restart the service, but wasn't able to , as I got the error the service is unavailable.

any ideas, as I am new into BE.

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you checked the alerts tab if there is an active alert, waiting for a response ?

CCIE2B
Level 2

I took a look at the alerts tab, but nothing showing up that is waiting for response, as they are all Errors.

I click Ok on them anyway.

one thing is when I run the Job, it stays forever in the queue, and when I click cancel after a long while, the job shows successful,

- I've rebooted the server, but nothing

_ I've tried rebooting the service, but it wont restart

madmax4
Level 2

Do you use Back up sets?  Maybe something wrong in the Back up set scheduling?  check the properties of you Backup job.  Also make sure it part of the right back up set.

Check to make sure in your selection for the source of the servers you are trying to back up is reachable from where the back up agent is running from.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried pausing/unpausing the server in the Devices tab?

oscardawgg
Level 2

Is there any update to this.  I am experiencing the same problems.  So far i had to rebuild the database and that seems to work.  Why did this do it?  What was the cause?  I got no alerts for over 50 jobs twice through the weekend.

oscardawgg
Level 2

NO tech response on this?  Why would DFSR screw up all of a sudden?  Why would R3 cause problems, Why cant i get any techs to respond to a thread that was left wide open with NO resolution.angry

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...because if you're expecting Symantec techs to respond here, you're going to wait for a very long time. Connect is a best-effort place to log calls, with responses mainly from people who know the product, or have faced the same issues before (with/without receiving a solution to the problem!).

99% of the people here aren't Symantec employees (I'm not for example), and hence not privvy to a lot of the other troubleshooting steps.

If there is no response here, it's because nobody is able to help further. If you have support with Symantec, it's then in your best interest to open a call telephonically/via the web with them in order to get it solved.

And if you do, please post back here with the solution...

Thanks!

bpcwhite
Not applicable

I had the same issue using a backup to disk device, had to delete the device and recreate it, something must have corrupted.

MoToxs
Not applicable

hi,

does it solve the issue? delete and recreate it again.

thanks