Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 stuck on verify

mzukowski
Level 2

Hi,

I'm using HP tape drive (LTO4).

The job gets stuck on verify part (somewhere between 20-40% of the progress). 

After cancelling the job, Byte Count immediately forwards to the value that is 100% of completion.

Looking at Job History, every single Backup and Verify operation has status Completed, without any errors or exceptions.

Backup is set for 3 servers (2 remote agents), all of them are Windows Server 2008 R2.

What can cause this problem, how can I solve it? I've tried the LiveUpdate (BE was updated, but it didn't solve the problem), deleting tape drive, restarting Remote Agent services.

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If this is a stand-alone drive and the tape has ejected, then the Verify portion will not continue until the tape has been put back...so check that. THanks!

The tape isn't ejected until the job's finished or until I cancel the job manually. When it gets stuck the tape is still in the drive, and the "Ready" LED on the drive is blinking, meaning that the drive is still active.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It is possible that the tape is bad. Try another tape, preferably a new one

I've tried that also, unfortunately this didn't help also. Personally i'm afraid that it's related with the tape drive...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

..... then run the manufacturer's diagnostics test against the tape drive. Make sure you stopped the BE services beforehand and select the write test

The drive (tested with HPE Library and Tape Tools 4.22) passed the Read/Write test, but did not pass the Assesment test.

Could you please help me out with analyzing those reports and tell me whether drive itself is fine?

The tests were made using brand-new, never used tape from Fujifilm, 800/1600GB.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This probably means that your tape drive is faulty. You need to talk to HP