Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 with Exchange 2010 SP2

Mas_P
Level 3
Partner

Can anyone help please,

I have Backup Exec 2010 R3 with Exchange 2010 SP2, and backups do we have a fix for this??

regards

Pfarelo Masithulela

8 REPLIES 8

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

I know its not part of SCL yet but have seen it working properly

Are you getting any issue with it?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

do we have a fix for this??

Fix for what?

If you are asking about compatibility, BE 2010 R3 is supported till Exchange 2010 SP1 only. (Officially)

Mas_P
Level 3
Partner

Yes, I am currently having this issue,

OS = Win 2008 R2 X64 Standard

Exchange 2010 SP2

Backup Exec 2010 R3

I know is currently not on compatibility list but would want to know if i can find a fix from symantec for this as our excahange team can not roll back since the where issue that got resolve by SP2 installation.

Mas_P
Level 3
Partner

Yes, I am currently having this issue,

OS = Win 2008 R2 X64 Standard

Exchange 2010 SP2

Backup Exec 2010 R3

I know is currently not on compatibility list but would want to know if i can find a fix from symantec for this as our excahange team can not roll back since the where issue that got resolve by SP2 installation.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As the words 'fix' and 'issue' imply you have a problem, do you actually have a problem or are you asking when we will support it officially?

Mas_P
Level 3
Partner

I have the problem as outlined, By fix I mean a work around or patch or anything that will help me get the backups through whiles waiting new release from symantec.

And also when will it be supported officially if you have an idea..

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you might want to join the Beta for Backup Exec 2012 which should be released some time soon, and ask the same question there...it's worth the query.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the latest Software Compatibility List, Exchange 2010 SP2 is now supported.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137682