cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Skipping sysstate.bkf

Nick_Morgan1
Level 3

Hi all, I have a backup on a Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 box that has just started skipping the backup of the System state.

The backup has always run without issue, and I'm not sure what could have changed for it to start skipping the System State.
I Have checked permissions, updated Backup exec to the latest version, still no idea why.

System state is a .bkf file.

If you need any more information let me know!

Cheers, Nick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_Morgan1
Level 3

Hey all, turns out it was NTBackup still accessing that file when Bexec was trying to back it up.

All resolved now, thanks for the help.

Nick

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What do you mean by System state is a .bkf file? 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The system state is not a .bkf file.  It is a collection of system files.

I think you should attach the job log so that we can take a look. 

Nick_Morgan1
Level 3

Sorry, my original post doesn't explain it to well. Backup exec backs up the system state, but I also have an NT backup doing the same thing.

The NT backup runs before the Scheduled backup exec backup.

I think the file might be getting skipped because NT backup is still accessing it. I will change the time NT backup runs and see if this makes any difference.

Will update this thread next week if tonight backup is successful.

Cheers, Nick

AmolB

Any specific reason for taking backups using both WindowsNT and Backup Exec.

Nick_Morgan1
Level 3

Paranoia. I had an issue restoring the System State from Backup Exec a while ago and I don't want a repeat. I'm sure whatever went wrong was isolated, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Nick: Turn on AOFO for your job and try again.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver

It's possible we may have changed AFE to exclude BKF files (not sure if this is true or not) as if you were using Backup Exec to create BKF files we would recommend duplication ot tape, NOT flat file backup. However of it is AFE then you will not get any message about the file being skipped in the job log.

Kongkon08
Level 3

Hi,

I want to restore the system state alone in a Machine, its not a DC. Will it be possible?

I get a error: 0xe000fee1 - A failure occurred writing an object.

Thanks in advance..

Nick_Morgan1
Level 3

Hey all, turns out it was NTBackup still accessing that file when Bexec was trying to back it up.

All resolved now, thanks for the help.

Nick