cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 System State Fails E000FEDD

stu68
Not applicable

I know there has been a lot of discussion and related articles for the system state backup failures. I have been through most of them and have had no success on a Windows 2003 Server with Backup Exec 2010. I have tried most of the fixes and suggestions and it completes fine with NTBackup.

I'm am still getting:

V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

The item System?State\Active Directory\C:_WINDOWS_NTDS\ntds in use - skipped.

The item System?State\COM+ Class Registration Database\COM+ REGDB in use - skipped.

The item System?State\Internet Information Services\IISMETABASE in use - skipped.

The item System?State\Registry\Registry in use - skipped.

The item System?State\System Files\System Files in use - skipped.

The item System?State\SYSVOL\SYSVOL\8e7591ee-71bd-4513-a34938fc4d2c58e0 in use - skipped.

Disks are ok, disk space is ok, memory is ok, I have applied all updates for Windows and Backup Exec, Backups that do not include the System State run fine, System State backup with NTBackup run fine, I've tried AOFO, changed BEUtility settings, etc, etc. Nothing out there seems to help, so if anyone has any further suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are not already on BE 2010 R3 SP2 with all the latest hotfixes, I would suggest that you upgrade to BE 2010 R3 which is the latest version and there are a lot of fixes for system state problems. Your existing licence keys will work.  You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP2 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3, push out the remote agent again.

When you are backing up the system state, make sure that AOFO is on.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
Do you have this microsoft fix Installed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349